Develop your awareness of four key "energy regulators" and how they affect our bodies, emotions and minds. Understand how to model good eating habits – through your own food choices and the snack and treats you provide for kids.
Our Nourishing Matters℠ training is a unique and highly interactive nutrition workshop that will guide participants through a self-discovery process to explore a new perspective on health and wellness. Participants will be able to assess their current state of overall health, and develop an awareness of four key "energy regulators" that affect them physically, emotionally and mentally.
Some key program components:
- Gain key tools to increase awareness for making informed choices about health
- Explore relationships with food and its various impacts on our health and well-being
- Understand Success Strategies to create the healthy culture we envision for our community members, including both youth and adults
- Plan to integrate new approaches to healthy behaviors into a participant's professional environment and personal life
- Start practicing the healthy behaviors we want our community to adopt!
By the end of the Nourishing Matters℠ training, participants will be empowered with tools and strategies to make immediate changes for themselves personally, and also for the communities they serve. The workshop is targeted to teens, parents, school teachers and administrators, before and after school staff, community program staff, and other human service professionals.
The program includes engaging discussion and hands-on activities, and can be customized based on clients' needs and interests.
WFIT students, coach-mentors, staff, teachers, parents and volunteers are becoming change agents within their communities as they make significant, positive changes to their healthy behaviors while teaching others what they've learned.
This month, we're featuring WFIT participant and graduating senior David Sanchez, who balances track, football, mentoring, and high school with a healthy and active lifestyle.Click here to read David's inspiring story
Attention Youth-Serving Agencies! Sign up now for WFIT 's personal empowerment and healthy behaviors training to prepare your staff to be physical activists! Please contact us at 213-387-7712 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.